There are two main methods to install Windows 1o:
- Installing through Windows Update
- Installing from a DVD
Installing through Windows Update, will automatically download Windows 10 and will ask if you want to upgrade. However, you can upgrade as per your convenience. You can postpone the operation until you get more free time because the full process will take almost one hour to complete.
Ther second way is to upgrade from a DVD. You can download a Windows 10 disk image and burn it to a DVD.
1. Starting the installation process
- Go to Windows Update or run the “setup.exe” file from the DVD. Choose the “Upgrade” option.
- If you have an Internet connection available, choose to download and install updates during the installation process.
- Windows will check the hardware compatibility and if your PC can run Windows 10 on it.
2. Confirming the installation
- You have to confirm that you really want to upgrade to Windows 10. Click “Install”.
- Windows will start the installation itself. Depending on your hardware configuration, it may take up to one hour to complete.
From time to time, you have to check the completion percentage to make sure the installation has not stalled at some point.
3. Returning to Windows
- Depending if you have upgraded or performed a clean install, Windows 10 will show your username imported from the previous version of Window, or will request to create a new user account.
- Click “Next”.
4. Using express settings
The setup will show available installation options. You can either customize or using the express settings. I suggest you use the express settings unless you are an experienced user or need a particular configuration.
- Click “Use Express settings”.
5. Choosing default apps
Windows will use the default apps for Internet browsing, photos, etc. From here, you may change them.
- Click “Next”.
6. You are done
If you can see the new desktop, then everything is fine, programs and settings from the previous version of Windows have been successfully migrated to Windows 10.