Aging is a natural phenomenon, sometimes stimulated by human activities that result in physical, social and psychological change. Anti-aging means reversing these changes. For this to happen, the rate of regeneration should be higher than degeneration. Human activities and possible lifestyle habits that speed up degeneration include:
- Smoking: cigarette smoking affects metabolism and general skin health by reducing the body’s ability to absorb vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for collagen regeneration and production. Deficiency of Vitamin C leads to a loosened skin.
- Alcohol and beverages: these dilate blood vessels giving the skin a flushed look that overtime leads to appearance of wrinkles because of the fast contraction.
- Sun exposure: this causes dryness, sun spots and wrinkles because the sun’s UVA rays breakdown collagen required for healthy looking and firm skin.
- Stress and lack of sleep: make you vulnerable and the dark circles lead to sagging. High cortisol levels affect the skin and other growth hormones.
- Free radicals: these form complex biomolecules and other by products breakdown cells faster resulting in rapid aging.
Everyone wishes to live forever youthful and though this is impossible, aging can be slowed by following the following tips:
- Natural plant extracts
Plant extracts like Rhodiola, Ginseng and Maca have anti-aging properties. This is made possible by their ability to fight free radicals, inflammatory bodies and the richness in vitamins that enhances cellular regeneration.
Natural ayurvedic anti-aging serums have these extracts added to them making them the best facial beauty products to use. Your skin’s health is assured with the use of serums and body oils with such plant extracts.
- Quitting smoking
As mentioned, smoking accelerates degeneration of cells that is seen through aging. You should, therefore, try as much as possible to quit smoking so as to prolong the life of your cells and also to improve cellular regeneration.
- Deep skin care
Deep skin care and cleansing is necessary for a youthful and ever glowing skin. Deep cleaning makes it possible for the pores to breath. It makes it possible for toxins and impurities to be excreted especially when steaming is done after exfoliation.
Exercise boosts circulation to all parts of the body as well as to skin cells. Nutrient transport and removal of wastes is made better with exercise. A slim fit body that is well toned and active faces low risks of cardiovascular disease. Optimum circulation allows for a flawless skin.
These fight against the oxidative activity of free radicals. Foods rich in antioxidants should be consumed. Try green tea and colourful plant products as well as water. Beauty products with antioxidant features should be considered as well.
- Yoga and meditation
Besides exercise, yoga and meditation are incredible stress relievers and are also important for the general mind, body, and soul balance. The practices enhance concentration and are also responsible for strengthening muscles with a higher oxygen-carrying capacity. These keep the body fit, enhancing fat loss.
The following are the best anti-aging superfoods: watermelons, berries, avocado, seaweeds, spirulina green tea, nuts, ginseng, walnuts, sprouted beans, vegetables, ginger, and garlic. There are others that will help you too.
In conclusion, the above aging causes can be reversed through involvement in activities that promote cellular regeneration and renewal rather than degeneration. Take care of your body and it will take care of you in return. The power to age gracefully is within you and you should take it.
Contributed by http://www.shankara.com/